Sunday, October 29, 2006

An idle mind is a wasted blog post....

10.25 PM - i decide that a post in my blog was long overdue. Its not like i have to make time for this between my busy schedule or anything. My schedule pretty much stops where it starts. You know the feeling of frustration when you sit around and wonder what to do next. Well, that has been my curse this term. I spend half the time - half my conscious time - cooking up ways of wasting the other half and later executing them.

Having read everything possible on a dead f1 season (which includes some really arbit stuff like david coulthard's insane opinions on what schumi should do) and watching a cricket match whose result was pretty clear even before the start i sat wondering what to do next. I had also squeezed in some hours of pool earlier in the day. Well, why not a blog post? That would be a fitting dessert to one hell of a 'vetti' day.

So now i sit and think what to blog. Its 10:34 already and i have succesfully wasted 9 minutes. Great!. Iron maiden's 'Fear of the dark' is splitting the serene silence of the night in my room. The song s just reached a cresendo. The same is not the case with life here. After an exhilarating thrill ride of the first year, this virtual vacation, which appeared exciting at first no longer seems to be. I am now wishing it would all come to an end so that i would have another change - the work life, although i am damn sure that i am gonna regret these words 6 months down the line.

If i have done something worthwhile this term, it has be playing pool and a good reunion of sorts with friends at coimbatore during diwali. Plan D - as one of my friends had named it - was full of fun and interesting anecdotes and so i will be dedicating a blog post to that later. First, pool. Well, before this term began i opened up a notepad instance and put 4 'resolutions' for me this term.

1. Learn guitar
2. learn and master pool
3. Jog regularly
4. -- censored --

I cant believe i am on my way in fulfilling 1/4rth of my resolutions. An unprecedented 25% success rate is something i have to be proud of i guess. I havent mastered pool by any stretch of imagination but it has blessed me with several passionate hours of wasted time. With wagers flying around it got extremely competitive at times. Tempers flared, abuses flew and people were playing it like a 'do or die' match. The fact that i managed to lose all the wagers is pretty insignificant, though.

Oh shit, its 10:47 and the 'Other side' from RHCP has just started. May be its time to complete this post. So, well, au revoir or whatever crap people say when they part. Anyway, i've just figured out what i am gonna do for the next couple of hours. Tuck in tight and finish of the prison break episodes i am lagging in. Bye bye.

1 comment:

Arjun.C.N said...

enna oru post!!! k.... th.... (if u dont understand - ask me)